Licence To Operate Tower Crane
Duration: 5 Days | Qualification: CPCCLTC4001 – Licence to Operate a Tower Crane (CT) | Assessment Type: Theory and Practical | Pre-Requisites: There are no prerequisites for this course
This unit specifies the outcomes required to operate a tower crane for licensing purposes, and covers a jib or boom/job crane mounted on a tower structure, demountable or permanent, including both horizontal and luffing jib types. This unit does not cover self-erecting tower cranes.
A person who demonstrates competency in this unit must be able to provide evidence of the ability to:
- Comply with OH&S licensing legislation
- Communicate and work safely with others in the work area
- Assess risks and management procedures (particular awareness of the risks associated with overhead powerlines/electrical cables, wind, etc)
- Operate a tower crane for the lifting and moving of loads to the safe working rated capacity in conjunction with other
- Appropriate personnel
- Apply appropriate mathematical procedures for estimation of loads.
- Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply in NSW
- Tower Crane characteristics, technical capabilities, and limitations
- Operational maintenance and basic diagnostic Procedure
- Techniques related to essential tasks, plan job, transfer the load.
- Site isolation and traffic control responsibilities and authorities
- Identification of communication strategies and systems – hand signals, whistles
- Safe operating techniques
- Conduct routine checks
- Shut down and secure the crane
Upcoming WorkshopsThere are currently no openings available for this course.
CT, tower crane